[omniORB] omniORBpy 2.3 runtime problem on HP 11.0

Alex Tingle alex.omniorb at firetree.net
Fri May 7 09:43:17 BST 2004

Xiaohui,

Ha! We were trying to solve exactly this problem yesterday.
`U_get_previous_frame_x' is in /usr/lib/libcl.sl (command line library,
I think). I ran `ldd' on the omni python library and on the python
executable itself, and neither bring in libcl.

So try adding `-lcl' to the omni python link line. We didn't have time
to try this ourselves. Let me know how you get on.

regards,

-Alex Tingle

--
On Thu, 6 May 2004 18:40:46 -0400
"Wang, Xiaohui" <Xiaohui.Wang at spirentcom.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> 	For omniORBpy 2.3, I ran into runtime problem with the following
> python code:
>
> 	# Initialise the ORB
> 	orb = CORBA.ORB_init(argv, CORBA.ORB_ID)
>
> 	obj = orb.resolve_initial_references("NameService")
> 	rootContext = obj._narrow(CosNaming.NamingContextExt)
>
> 	The _narrow method throw the following exception:
> 	/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: U_get_previous_frame_x
> 	(code)
> from /usr/lib/libCsup.2
>
> 	And this exception results python interpreter core dump.
>
> 	Anybody has any ideas on how to resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Xiaohui

:: alex tingle
:: 58 kings way, harrow, mddx. uk. HA1 1XU
:: alex.tingle AT firetree.net  +44-7901-552763