[omniORB] Building 4.0.4 on Windows fails

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jul 29 17:41:41 BST 2004

On Thursday 29 July, Matej Kenda wrote:

> I have tried to compile omniORB from the latest sources with VC.NET.
> Compiling was successful with 4.0.3.
>
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> D:\omni\omni\src>make export
> Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
> make: *** [export] Error 2

What you have isn't quite omniORB 4.0.4, since I haven't quite
completed it yet, but it's essentially what will be 4.0.4.

It compiles on Windows fine for me, although I'm using VC++ 6 and GNU
make 3.79. I don't think the VC++ version is at issue here, because
the error seems to be coming from make.

Are you sure you've edited the config.mk and
mk/platforms/x86_nt_4.0_vs_7.mk files correctly?