[omniORB] Mingw32 patch

Rafael de Pelegrini Soares rafael at rps.eng.br
Tue Jul 20 14:19:16 BST 2004

Al Slater wrote:

>Hi,
>
>omniorb-list-bounces at omniorb-support.com wrote:
>[snip]
>

>>Yes, there are some problems with the patch. Actually I'm not
>>that good
>>with diff.
>>You could get the entire directory at
>>www.rps.eng.br/pub/omniORB-4.0.3-mingw.tar.gz
>>Could you please produce the patch for us with it?
>>
>>This tarball contains the libraries ready to use at the lib directory.
>>
>>By the way, my disk quota is almost full where could I upload
>>this tarball?
>>

>I have downloaded this tarball and configured and ran make.
>
>I get a huge amount of unresolved sysmbols when linking
>libomniORB4.dll.0.3 (all from omnithread).

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you have to build the libraries manually
from the *.o fles using
-Wl,--export-all-symbols or use the libraries already mande found at the
lib directory.
Please note that the order you pass the libraries to gcc matters (always
add -lomnithread
after -lomniORB4)

Check out the examples in directories src/examples/thread and
src/examples/poa/implicit_activation/
Enter the example directory and type make, this build the executables
for me.
 From what I remember only these examples were ported to mingw.

Note that the tarball does not includes the idl compiler and the current
mingw port
cannot be used to build it. The better option is to use the id compiler
that comes
with the win32 version of omniORB.

>The dll name looks suspicious to me, have I done something wrong?

The name convention 'libomniORB4.dll.0.3' comes from the cygwin
configuration used
to build the mingw support.
I'm not that good with the make files to change this, therefore I build
the libraries manually.
The names I used are  omniORB4.dll -> import  library  libomniORB4.a and
so on.

>Al

Rafael.