[omniORB] omniorb and classic iostream problems?

renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com renny.koshy at rubixinfotech.com
Thu Jul 1 15:47:24 BST 2004

Dustin:

We use CC 5.3 & CC 6.2 in (compat=4, and normal mode) w/o any problems
with the omniORB libs... though you MUST make sure you compile omniORB
using compat=4 if you're using that option...  In our normal mode we use
iostreams, and I believe a couple of modules use the classic iostreams w/o
any issues...  What is the specific problem you're experiencing?

Renny Koshy
President & CEO

RUBIX Information Technologies, Inc.
www.rubixinfotech.com

__________________

On Tuesday 22 June, "Torsello, Dustin L." wrote:

> I am interested to know if there are known issues with building omniOrb
> using classic iostreams.  We are using version 4.0.3 and building for
> Solaris 2.8 with Sun CC compiler version 5.3.  We are having some
general
> issues regarding classic vs standard iostreams and I wanted make sure
the
> option to go to classic iostreams (and still use omniOrb) was available.

omniORB intentionally does not use iostreams at all, to avoid this
kind of issue. Any problems you might be having aren't due to a clash
with omniORB using iostreams.