[omniORB] IDL backend for omniidl?

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Fri Feb 13 12:21:40 GMT 2004

Does anyone know of an omniidl backend that writes IDL?

I know this sounds like a strange requirement, parsing IDL in order to generate IDL, but I imagine it would be useful for testing (at least).

/aside Why do I want this?

Well, I'm working on omniifr (Interface Repository)  and I would like to write an IFR client that behaves like the omniidl frontend. That way I could generate C++/python stubs directly from the IFR. But it would also be nice to generate IDL from the IFR - hence my question.

BTW. Is anyone interested in seeing my early version of the IFR? Would anyone use it when it's finished?

regards,

-Alex