[omniORB] Are stub thread-safe ?

Gaël Le Mignot kilobug at freesurf.fr
Tue Sep 2 13:03:56 BST 2003

Hello,

Sorry for asking this "trivial"  question but I didn't find the answer
on the Web.

My question is: are the stubs  thread-safe ? If I have a ISVCLogin_var
containing  a stub  to a  remote SVCLogin  object, can  I  perform two
simultaneous requests (in two  different threads) to the service using
the same stub ? If it doesn't work with _var, does it work with _ptr ?
Or am I forced to use  a mutex to prevent two simultaneous requests to
the stub ?

--
Gael Le Mignot "Kilobug" - kilobug at nerim.net - http://kilobug.free.fr
GSM         : 06.71.47.18.22 (in France)   ICQ UIN   : 7299959

Member of HurdFr: http://hurdfr.org - The GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org