[omniORB] default network, choosing a network

Thomas Soddemann Thomas.Soddemann at rzg.mpg.de
Fri Oct 31 17:04:51 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

how does omniORB selects the default network, and how can I influence that?

The situation here is as follows:
I have a server with two NICs and both NICs are in the same but distinct
networks with the name server.
The clients are only in one of the two networks, the one which is used
by the second NIC in each server.

I have managed to restrict the nameserver two this second network, but
the omniORB server selects the wrong network and so the clients can
lookup the IOR but not connect to the server.

Btw, the default route on the servers is defined via the second NIC
anyway...

Is there a simple solution to this problem without changing anything
else than omniORB related things?

Thanks,
Thomas