[omniORB] How to realise colocation (maybe w/o POA)?

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Thu Oct 30 16:34:35 GMT 2003

In Message <1067530329.3fa138592e727 at webmail.in-berlin.de> ,
   "W. Borgert" <debacle at debian.org> wrote:

=>Hello,
=>
=>we are building a server based on omniORB4 (Linux 2.6.0t9) that loads
=>additional shared object files (including CORBA object implementations).
=>Now we want to make the CORBA objects communicate in the most
=>efficient way possible (no TCP, no marshalling, best: no POA at all).
=>How can we achieve this with omniORB4?  Thanks in advance!

   Check here:

http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/OmniOrb4DevelopmentStatus#head-edec7a068ee171013662347ca3074d605582d426

In short, you need an extra flag for omniidl and a specialized POA policy,
but it will give you a fast path through the POA.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies
					A Verizon Company