[omniORB] What is wrong here ?

Ali Reza A.Reza at zensar.com
Tue Oct 28 19:18:41 GMT 2003

Hi Duncan
In fact, the last line of code should be right, since the compiler should choose the const char* operator of the String_var in preference to printing its address. What compiler are you using Ali?
I've made this using the nmake utility provided by the Microsoft Visual Studio Environment. I'm using the cl compiler Duncan. Could you explain what's happening - essentially why the compiler should try the const char *. There is no overload on the operator << right. Or is it a friend or declared (&possibly defined) somewhere else  ?

Cheers.