[omniORB] returning sequence on solaris 2.8 causes seg fault

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen at trema.com
Mon Oct 13 10:10:51 BST 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 00:36, Fred Cook wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are having a rather odd problem with our Solaris 2.8 port.  We
> are returning a sequence var from an operation (details below).
> When this operation is executed the program seg faults at the
> return statement.  This same code has been ported to NT and Linux,
> which both work correctly.  We have poked around a bit and have
> discovered that the seq fault only occurs when the length of the
> sequence is > 0. When the length is 0, the solaris port throws the
> same exception as Linux and NT,but at least it doesn't seg fault.
> We built omniORB4.0.0 with gcc 2.95.3 and python 1.5.3, both were
> obtained from sunfreeware.com.  Anybody have any ideas?

Is the gcc configured for threading?

I would recommend using gcc 3.2.3 and building it yourself, with
something like:

./gcc-3.2.3/configure --prefix=/usr/gnu --with-gnu-as
--with-cpu=supersparc --with-gnu-ld
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-long-long
--enable-threads --enable-languages=c,c++

and recent binutils.

Harri