[omniORB] OmniNames and IONA Orbix 3.3

Nimrod, David (Dave) nimrod at avaya.com
Thu Oct 9 19:03:15 BST 2003

I am migrating a product which was using Iona Orbix2.2c01 and OmniNames (OmniOrb 2.2.0) as its naming service.
I migrated to Iona Orbix 3.3.4 and OmniOrb 4.0.1
Everything compiles fine. When I run the code, resolve bind/rebind works fine. However, after a few minutes and about 1400-1500 calls, Orbix crashes and I can't do any more remote calls to the server or to OmniNames.
Since I do not use OmniNames after the initial name resolution, I got the system running and KILLED the OmniNames process. Orbix is stable in that "mode".

Is there any known interaction between OmniNames and Iona Orbix?

David Nimrod
Avaya Inc.
307 Middletown Lincroft Road
Room 1E-221