[omniORB] Weird interaction between omniORBpy and epydoc

cp at sophos.com cp at sophos.com
Wed Oct 8 12:09:26 BST 2003

I am trying to use epydoc (epydoc.sourceforge.net) to document some
omniORBpy code, but I get some strange errors from epydoc when I try to do
this.

My configuration is:

- Windows XP
- Python 2.3.1
- epydoc 2.0
- omniORBpy 2.2

I have the following directory structure

epydoc-test

+-- EpydocTestPackage

    +-- EpydocTestModule.idl

The EpydocTestModule.idl file contains:

module EpydocTestModule {
    interface EpydocTestInterface {
        wstring echo(in wstring message);
    };
};

In the epydoc-test\EpydocTestPackage directory I compile the IDL using the
following command:

omniidl -bpython -Wbpackage=EpydocTestPackage C.. EpydocTestModule.idl

This creates the following directory structure:

epydoc-test

+-- EpydocTestPackage

    +-- EpydocTestModule
    |   |
    |   +-- __init__.py

    +-- EpydocTestModule__POA
    |   |
    |   +-- __init__.py

    +-- EpydocTestModule.idl
    +-- EpydocTestModule_idl.py
    +-- __init__.py

I then try to create documentation for the EpydocTestPackage using the
following command line from the epydoc-test directory:

   epydoc.py EpydocTestPackage

When I do this I get the following output:

--- begin output from epydoc ---

Importing 4 modules.
  [....]
Building API documentation for 4 modules.
  [.

  Warning: Error importing 'EpydocTestPackage.EpydocTestPackage': No
module named EpydocTestPackage
..
In EpydocTestPackage.EpydocTestModule docstring:
   L5: Error: Improper paragraph indentation.

.]
In EpydocTestPackage.EpydocTestModule__POA docstring:
   L5: Error: Improper paragraph indentation.

Writing HTML docs (21 files) to 'html'.

--- end output from epydoc ---

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Cliff

--
Clifford Penton, Head of Software Architecture & Research, Sophos
Email: cp at sophos.com, DDI: 01235 544017, Web: www.sophos.com