[omniORB] optional values

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Oct 7 21:22:22 BST 2003

On Monday 6 October, Geoff Gerrietts wrote:

> It looks to me like CORBA's more general Value Types are the
> equivalent of this mechanism. It also appears to me, based on the
> documentation, that Value Types are not presently supported under 4.0
> and 2.2.
>
> Am I correct? Anyone have some savvy workarounds?

As Gary says, the easiest way is to use a bounded sequence.

You're right that value type (or specifically value boxes) gives you
this functionality in a more natural way. If you're feeling
adventurous, the development version of omniORBpy (the omnipy3_develop
branch) does support value types, so you could try that.