[omniORB] How to get rid of the POA?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Oct 2 18:39:33 BST 2003

On Monday 22 September, Andreas Bille wrote:

>  I have tried to implement option 3, which would enable reconfiguration
> of the port during runtime of my program at least, though of course 4
> would be nicer. But I have found it to be impossible due to the
> described problem.
> So much to my usecase ( and the reason for the small testprogram )

First, I should point out that there is no need to call orb.run(). All
it does is block waiting for orb shutdown, so it's not particularly
meaningful to talk about the thread "running the ORB".

Anyway, as long as there are no connections to the server at the time
you try to destroy the ORB and create a new one, it should work. Does
it work if you try to configure a different port, rather than the same
one each time?