[omniORB] omniidl and Visual C++ v.6.0

Thorsten Görtz thorsten at goertz.com
Fri May 23 15:28:08 BST 2003

Hello Silvia,

in my VC++ 6.0 projects omniidl is called via a custom build step. Therefor I have to include the idl-files into the project and set the following settings for every idl file:

Commands:

%OMNIORB4%\bin\x86_win32\omniidl -bcxx -Wba -Wbh=.hpp -Wbs=.cpp -Wbd=_any.cpp "-I$(ProjDir)\..\..\..\..\idl" "-C$(IntDir)" "$(InputPath)"

Output:

$(IntDir)\$(InputName).hpp
$(IntDir)\$(InputName).cpp
$(IntDir)\$(InputName)_any.cpp

As you can see, I declared an environment variable "OMNIORB4" for invoking omniidl. If there is more than one idl file in your project, you can multiselect them all and declare the same settings for every file in one step. By declaring the output files, Visual C is able to check the dependencies between the idl and the generated files. Additionally, the generated files will be deleted if you "clean" your project.

Regards
Thorsten