[omniORB] Possible mailing list disruption ahead

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu May 8 17:48:01 BST 2003

Hi,

Since AT&T Labs Cambridge closed, the omniORB mailing list has kindly
been hosted by RealVNC, on a machine they leased. The lease on that
machine is about to come to an end, so the mailing list (and web site)
are moving to another machine, leased by my company, Apasphere. In
theory, the changeover should be a smooth operation, but to be on the
safe side, I thought I'd send this warning.

The new machine is up and running at www2.omniorb-support.com for web
things, and mail.omniorb-support.com for mail. Shortly, I'm going to
disable the Mailman web interface on the old machine, to prevent
people subscribing and unsubscribing. Then, I'll copy the lists
(omniorb-list and omniorb-dev) to the new machine. Finally, I'll set
the old machine to forward mail to the new machine and change the DNS
entries to point to the new machine.

Once the DNS changes have propagated out to the world, everything
should be back the same as it was before.

That's the theory. Now we see if it works in practice...

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --