[omniORB] Uncontrolled reconnects

ondrej@frcatel.fri.utc.sk ondrej@frcatel.fri.utc.sk
Mon Mar 17 15:06:01 2003

Hi,

 I have encountered the following problem using omniORB-4.0.0: we use
omniORB clients and connecting to Iona's Orbix 2000 servers with
persistent poas (i.e. each IOR contains the port of Orbix Locator
service). The issue is that when locator crashes (or stops responding),
omniORB orb starts to make new connections to it. Each connection fails
with "Connection refused" error, but ORB doesnt not stop making new
connections leaving the previous in TIME_WAIT state, until system
resources are exhausted. I would like to know whether this behavior is
configurable (and if so, how) or this is a bug (incorrect behavior). We
use Solaris 8.

           With regards

                                   Ondrej