[omniORB] RE: omniORB-list digest, Vol 1 #348 - 3 msgs

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje@novonordisk.com
Thu Mar 13 15:45:02 2003

> Add a string value (known as a REG_SZ data type when using
> REGEDT32) with
> name "1", value
> "NameService=corbaname::my.host.name" (putting the correct

And I would add the following from an earlier discussion of this topic:

>> Ouch! omniNames gives me an Access Violation (looks like a NIL pointer)
on
>> startup. eg3_impl and eg3_clt catch unknown exceptions (probably the same
[...]
>I've finally had a chance to look into this. It seems that the access
>violation happens if there are only sub-keys of HKLM\Software\omniORB.
>If there are one or more entries in the omniORB key, the sub-keys work
>fine. I can't see anything wrong with the code in orbOptionsReg.cc, so
[...]
>Duncan.

So, add any entry to the omniORB key as well. Or just add an "InitRef" value
as described in
http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2003-January/022773.ht
ml.

Cheers

-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark