[omniORB] create_fixed_tc missing in OmniORBPy-2.0

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Mar 7 14:00:03 2003

On Thursday 6 March, "Renzo Tomaselli" wrote:

> What about the equivalent in python ? I need to build a TypeCode for that,
> but CORBA.ORB is missing method create_fixed_tc().

The correct way to do it is to use create_fixed_tc, but as you have
noticed, that got missed out. I've implemented it now in CVS.

An easier, but non-standard alternative is to use the (currently
undocumented) omniORB.any module:

  import CORBA
  import omniORB.any

  f = CORBA.fixed("1.234")
  a = omniORB.any.to_any(f)

Unfortunately, that was broken too in the 2.0 release, since it got
the digits and scale the wrong way around in the TypeCode. I've fixed
it in CVS.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --