[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.0 and Visual .NET Problems.

David Stacey david.stacey at uk.thalesgroup.com
Tue Jun 3 12:27:51 BST 2003

Hi.

I have been using omniORB 4.0.0 with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 for some
time, and have recently considered moving to Visual Studio .NET.
However, a project that compiles under Visual C++ 6.0 refuses to compile
when imported into .NET. The complaint is as follows:

C:omniORB-4.0.0\include\omniORB4\Naming.hh (1027) 'operator>>=' none of
the 91 overloads can convert parameter 1 from type 'CORBA::ULong'

I have checked the project settings on the Visual C++ 6.0 and Visual
Studio .NET projects and they appear to be the same (or at least
equivalent). I have also loaded the .NET workspace back into Visual C++
6.0 and it compiles fine as before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this topic has
been covered previously.

Many thanks,

Dave Stacey.