[omniORB] omniORBpy and Python 2.3

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen at trema.com
Wed Jul 30 17:53:13 BST 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 12:37, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July, Harri Pasanen wrote:
> > Looks like omniORBpy 2.1 is also subject to getting the error:
> >
> > Fatal Python error: Invalid thread state for this thread
> >
> > which only happens when Python is configured with
> > --with-pydebug (or debug build of Python under Windows).
>
> I'm ahead of you. That's already been fixed in CVS.

Thanks, seems to work well.

Now my next problem is just to find out why PyImport_ImportModule()
hangs in a sub module import (doing "import linecache").

I have an embedded python using omniORBpy, put on Win32 I get this
deadlock when importing my module.  I'm holding GIL, but import
seems to have its own lock which is held by someone else.

It seems I'm hitting what is in this thread:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2003-February/033445.html

Looks like some further thinking is in order to get around this.

Harri