[omniORB] Paper mentioning problems with omniORBpy and threading

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jul 25 17:29:56 BST 2003

On Tuesday 22 July, Jon Dyte wrote:

> this paper mentions problems with omniORBpy, threading & performance.
> It's a little vague on the details.
> Does anyone have any more info on the issues, and/or know if they have been
> covered on the list.
>
> http://arxiv.org/ftp/cs/papers/0307/0307001.pdf

I have no idea what they are talking about.

I do wish people wouldn't publish papers that criticise things, when
they have made no attempt to contact the people involved to find out
if they are doing something wrong. It's similar to the Charles
University people doing CORBA performance testing who conclude that
omniORB servers don't scale well to many threads, when actually the
problem was that their client was intentionally limiting the number of
concurrent calls it did.