[omniORB] implementation repository?!

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jul 25 15:58:24 BST 2003

On Wednesday 16 July, Stephan Stapel wrote:

> sorry that I ask this newbie question but I would like to know if omniOrb
> comes with an implementation repository or whether there's a project on that?
> If not, are there any plans to implement such a repository at some time?

omniORB doesn't have an implementation repository at the moment. There
was some talk on the mailing list a while ago about writing one, but I
haven't heard anything recently. Try a google search for "omniimr" to
find posts about it.

> Or are there any other techniques within omniOrb in order to start objects
> on-demand?

If you want to start objects on demand, the standard POA facilities of
servant activators and so on can be used. If you want to start server
processes on demand, there is no current support in omniORB. It's not
hard to make a special purpose thing to do it for your application,
though.