[omniORB] correct VB & omniORB integration for high performance

tu guangxiu tuguangxiu at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 05:36:45 BST 2003

when using omniorb with VB development tool. We met
one problem. The problem is as following:
(1)we wrap omniorb into windows dll.
(2)we call remote object method through the dll in VB
program.
(3)VB manage dll itself that is VB load dll in and
load it out
(4)everytime when the DLL loaded in, we should create
and initialize one ORB and resolve reference of remote
object
(5)everytime when the DLL loaded out, the orb is
destroyed.
(6)so it cost much time to build orb and destroy it.
performance is poor.
   How can we handle the problem?  I have one idea,
maybe it can't work or is difficult to work.  if
someone have the same experience, please share them
with us.
  my idea is making one com object running always in
the background.  The com object wrap all corba
function. VB frontend first call com method, com
method then call corba method.

  thanks
    tu