[omniORB] omniORBpy and threads

Bastien SENEQUE bseneque at besancon.sema.slb.com
Wed Jul 16 10:58:13 BST 2003

Hello,

I'm developing a tool mixing C++ and Python.
I'm using omniORB and methods of Python/C API in C++ components.
I'm also using the ppembed library (provided with the "Programming Python
2nd Edition" book) over the Python/C API.
I'm using omniORBpy from python.
Python version is 2.2.2. Linux distrib is Red Hat 9.0. omniORB version is
4.0.1. omniORBpy version is 2.1.

When I instanciate from C++ a python object which import omniORB, the
following error occurs :

Error: your Python executable was not built with thread support.
        omniORBpy requires threads. Sorry.

More precisely (with PyErr_Print() method) :

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "test/tools/middleware.py", line 4, in ?
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/omniORB/__init__.py", line 179, in ?
     raise ImportError("Python executable has no thread support")
ImportError: Python executable has no thread support

But when I'm using threading module in python interpreter, I get no errors.

Could you help me, please ? Might there be a connection between this
problem and the new RH9's threads model ?

Thanks

         Bastien.