[omniORB] Bug? Calls serialization in omni4.0.1

Dmitry Davidovich DmitryD at enigma.com
Tue Jul 1 14:27:06 BST 2003

Hi,
it's seems that omniORB 4.0.1 still serializes all calls on a single
connection.

My configuration:

Server:
    Modified eg3_impl - added busy wait to slow down execution of
"echoString"
    Command line: -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::localhost
-ORBthreadPerConnectionPolicy 0

Client:
    Modified eg3_clt - multithreaded infinite loop
    Command line: -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::localhost
-ORBmaxGIOPConnectionPerServer 1 -ORBoneCallPerConnection 0

Platform:
    Win2k, 2 Xeon box - seen by OS as 4 CPU.

Observation:
    only 25% of CPU load (~150 calls/sec), if I change
"maxGIOPConnectionPerServer" to 4, CPU load will go to 97% (~500 calls/sec)

My target is a connecting of Java AppServer (WebSphere, JBoss) as a client
to omniORB based backend, so,
I have no control over a number of connections (Java ORB opens one
connection only).

Help, please!

Thanks

PS: please, cc to dmitryd at enigma.com <mailto:dmitryd at enigma.com>