[omniORB] Can someone send me omniORB binaries for AIX 4.3.3 ?

Andrey Koubychev email@vtc.ru
Tue Jan 7 10:36:01 2003

Hello guys,

Before describing my problems: Can someone send me omniORB binaries
for AIX 4.3.3 ? I can not compile it, and hope that someone will send
me already compiled lib. My email is ru.vtc@andrey

I really have problems with compiling omniORB 4.0.0 and 3.0.x series
with gcc 2.95.3 under AIX 4.3.3
After some hacking I get the omniidl compiled , but it's crashed with
Illegal operation when started.

Here is some problem I've met:

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,_omniidlmodule.so.1 -o _omniidlmodule.so.1.0 -L../../../../lib -L../../../../lib y.tab.o lex.yy.o idlerr.o idlutil.o idltype.o idlrepoId.o idlscope.o idlexpr.o idlast.o idlvalidate.o idldump.o idlconfig.o idlfixed.o idlpython.o
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: _omniidlmodule.so.1
        ld:open(): No such file or directory

I removed -Wl,-soname,_omniidlmodule.so.1 and all linked. Had to do
this in another place also.

Later I've met compiler error that pthread_yield not defined. From my
/usr/include/pthread.h I've found that pthread_yield is defined only
if _AIX_PTHREADS_D7 defined. I don't know if this draft good or bad,
but I've added -D option and -lpthreads_compat  and library linked
successfully.

But as I said, the resulting exe can not run.

--
Best regards,
Koubychev Andrey