[omniORB] New codeset

ondrej at frcatel.fri.utc.sk ondrej at frcatel.fri.utc.sk
Wed Dec 17 15:01:58 GMT 2003

Hi everybody,

	this message is intened probably for Duncan, but anyone else is free to
answer too. I'd like to add new codeset to the omniorb codeset library.
The desired one is the win1250, thus the easiest way would be to slightly
modify an existing win1251 and save it under new id (IANA etc..). I'have
already added the new id into codeSets.h, copied file cs-cp1251.cc to
cs-cp1250.cc, changed all string from 1251 to 1250, added the new file do
dir.mk and added a build macro to omniCodeSets.cc. I also created the
toUCS lookup table. The problem is, how to create the remaining tables. I
worry that I do not understand the meaning of the names frUCS00, frUCS04,
frUCS20, frUCS21 and their arrangement in frUCS array and thus cannot
rearrange them for the new codeset. I would really appreciate some
comments on how to do that. Maybe this message should have been placed in
omniorb-dev, but I hope you'll forgive me :-).

		Ondrej