[omniORB] Java + Naming Service Access Problems

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at comcast.net
Wed Dec 10 23:16:46 GMT 2003

I went through this a couple of days ago while I was trying to get rid
of jacORB and standardize on "omniNames" for both our C++ and Java
services. I just followed the answer from chapter 2 in the omniORB FAQ.
I gave all of our Java clients the -ORBInitialHost and -ORBInitialPort
arguments and I set the "supportBootstrapAgent" parameter to true "1"
in our configuration. With those changes in place our JavaIDL clients
connected right up with "omniNames".

Tony