[omniORB] Dynamic Skeleton Interface and omniORBpy 2.3

David Fugate dfugate at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 9 07:03:23 GMT 2003

Hi everyone, I've been trying unsuccessfully to use the
DynamicImplementation class (defined in section 1.5.2 of the Python
Language Mapping, v1.2) which should be in PortableServer.  It looks as
if this has not been implemented in the Python ORB:
    bash-2.05$ python -i
    Python 2.3 (#1, Nov  4 2003, 10:32:32)
    [GCC 3.2.1] on linux2
    >>> from omniORB.PortableServer import DynamicImplementation
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    ImportError: cannot import name DynamicImplementation
    >>> import omniORB.PortableServer
    >>> import PortableServer.DynamicImplementation
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    ImportError: No module named DynamicImplementation

Looking over omniORBpy's release notes, it states that "interceptors"
are not available to Python code.  Is DynamicImplementation an
interceptor and if not, how is it used?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

David Fugate
National Radio Astronomy Observatory