[omniORB] unix domain socket corbaloc

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Wed Dec 3 16:59:44 GMT 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 14.42, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Friday 14 November, Rene Jager wrote:
> > This patch allows you to specifiy unix domain socket transport in a
> > corbaloc (and thus in a corbaname). The syntax is as follows:
> >         corbaloc:uiop:SOCKET:/KEY
>
> Thanks. I have checked in the patch, with a few small changes. The
> most obvious one is that I changed the scheme name from uiop to
> omniunix, to make it obvious that it is a proprietary omniORB
> extension. The syntax is therefore now
>
>   corbaloc:omniunix:SOCKET:/KEY

Is it possible, that this does not work if the located object is run by the
same process as client using the uri ?

I think that's what happens to me. I don't have time to investigate this right
now (and it is not really important to currently).
I will write a small test case when I decide to solve this problem, but just
tought that somebody already knows the answer :)

Thanks
Zsolt