[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.3 and omniORBpy 2.3 available

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Mon Dec 1 18:45:43 GMT 2003

> I hope you had a good weekend.

Yes, thanks :)

> You just need to place all the %{_vendor} tags and it's right-hand side
> between double quotes; as in
> %if "%{_vendor}" == "suse"
> otherwise rpm gives a "undefined identifier" error.

OK. Not sure why a similar example did not fail on my Mandrake box,
though other trail variants certainly had trouble.

> The rcomniNames sym link is not generated if placed in the current location. I
> moved it to %post bootscripts section, and then it works.

OK.

> Also, you forgot to chmod +x /etc/init.d/omniNames - I did it in install
> section.

I would like to fix this in the %files section, where I'm allowed to
specify permissions. I haven't looked carefully at your version of
omniNames (the one *not* using chkconfig), but would think that Duncan
will be willing to have an omniNames.suse or omniNames.insserv. Do any
other distros use insserv?

                     - Tom