[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.3 RPM spec misses build dependencies

Bastiaan Bakker bastiaan.bakker at lifeline.nl
Mon Dec 1 16:22:59 GMT 2003

Hi,

While building for Red Hat Enterprise 3, I noticed a very minor issue
with the RPM spec file of omniORB 4.0.3: it lacks some build
requirements. Fixed by adding:
BuildRequires: python-devel openssl-devel

I also needed to install pkgconfig to get the proper openssl compile
options, but pkgconfig is not available on all platforms.
Maybe it's better to improve the openssl check in configure.ac so the
build would abort early. I'll see if I can work on that...

Cheers,

Bastiaan Bakker
LifeLine Networks bv