[omniORB] EndPoint Problem

Rick Sanden richard.sanden@medtronic.com
Mon Sep 16 13:42:00 2002

I think what is happening is that both omninames and my server app (both on the same machine) are using the same config file. So they both end up
listening of 192.168.0.2:10499 when I configure endPoint. Everything works if I pass in the the endPoint to omninames via command line.  Would that cause the error?

Thanks for your help

On Thursday 12 September, "Rick Sanden" wrote:

> When I don't use endPoint my corba server communicates with
> omninames (which is on the same server) just fine. Omninames is
> listening on 192.168.0.2:10499. When I define endPoint =
> giop:tcp::192.168.0.2 or endPoint = giop:tcp::192.168.0.2 I get the
> attached exception thrown from my server app. I need to use endPoint
> because the server will have multiple network connections

[...]
> omniORB: Initial reference `NameService' resolved with boot agent.
> omniORB: throw OBJECT_NOT_EXIST from inProcessIdentity.cc:237 (NO,0x00000000)

The client thinks that the reference returned from the naming service
is a local object, so it tries to contact it in proces. Exactly what
configuration have you given to omniNames and to your client?

I can reproduce the problem by configuring a client with
endPointNoListen to think it is listening on the same port as
omniNames, but not otherwise.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --