[omniORB] EndPoint Problem

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sun Sep 15 22:29:00 2002

On Thursday 12 September, "Rick Sanden" wrote:

> When I don't use endPoint my corba server communicates with
> omninames (which is on the same server) just fine. Omninames is
> listening on 192.168.0.2:10499. When I define endPoint =
> giop:tcp::192.168.0.2 or endPoint = giop:tcp::192.168.0.2 I get the
> attached exception thrown from my server app. I need to use endPoint
> because the server will have multiple network connections

[...]
> omniORB: Initial reference `NameService' resolved with boot agent.
> omniORB: throw OBJECT_NOT_EXIST from inProcessIdentity.cc:237 (NO,0x00000000)

The client thinks that the reference returned from the naming service
is a local object, so it tries to contact it in proces. Exactly what
configuration have you given to omniNames and to your client?

I can reproduce the problem by configuring a client with
endPointNoListen to think it is listening on the same port as
omniNames, but not otherwise.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --