[omniORB] Using omniORB server with java applet client..

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Oct 30 23:56:01 2002

On Monday 28 October, Daniel Greenblatt wrote:

> Are there any known issues with using a java client applet (written in
> java idl) to access objects via omniNames??
>
> I'm running a java client applet with java1.4, and the server is written
> with omniORB3..

There are no known issues with Java 1.4. Java 1.3 has a problem with
INS compliant name servers, as I've just posted about.

> I know there are several docs scattered around the web that all give
> different information on how to do this. I've followed several of these
> with varied success. The farthest I've gotten is to be able to resolve the
> root context, but I am unable to resolve any objects (I get a
> corba.COMM_FAILURE when I attempt this)...

Is the omniORB server on the same machine as the web server that
served the applet?  If not, the Java security model will block the
connection, which may well turn into a COMM_FAILURE. If that isn't the
problem, try running the omniORB server with -ORBtraceLevel 25. That
might indicate what's going on.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --