[omniORB] First-chance exception

baileyk@schneider.com baileyk@schneider.com
Mon Oct 28 14:28:01 2002

I'm sure this is just omniORB noticing the connection going away.  I think
you can set the MSVC debugger to either stop or not stop on different types
of exceptions.  You must have the default debugger behavior be set to stop
whenever any exception is thrown anywhere.

You can just ignore this exception.

Kendall

                    "Ulf Stoermer"
                    <ulf@emi.yamaha.co.jp>             To:     <omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com>
                    Sent by:                           cc:
                    omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-s       Fax to:
                    upport.com                         Subject:     [omniORB] First-chance exception

                    10/28/2002 03:50 AM

Hi all,

I'm running omniORB4 on Win2000 and experience following behaviour:

When I'm debugging my server application everything runs well, except
whenever I stop a client the following exception is thrown in the server

First-chance exception in CorbaServer.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363:
Microsoft C++ Exception.

Does anyone know where that exception comes from or asked differently,
can I just ignore that one or do I do something badly wrong in my code?
Actually, if I just normally execute the application then no exception is
thrown or anything abnormal is happening.

This is the callstack when I break on the exception:

KERNEL32! 77e89b01()
MSVCRTD! _CxxThrowException@8 + 57 bytes
omni::giopStream::CommFailure::_raise(unsigned long 1096024068,
CORBA::CompletionStatus COMPLETED_NO, unsigned char 0, const char *
0x67e735c4, unsigned long 1218) line 521
omni::giopImpl12::inputRaiseCommFailure(omni::giopStream * 0x0033d4f4) line
1218 + 33 bytes
omni::giopImpl12::unmarshalWildCardRequestHeader(omni::giopStream *
0x0033d4f4) line 892 + 9 bytes
omni::giopImpl12::inputMessageBegin(omni::giopStream * 0x0033d4f4, void
(omni::giopStream *)* 0x67de63eb
omni::giopImpl12::unmarshalWildCardRequestHeader(omni::giopStream *)) line
680 + 7 bytes
omni::GIOP_S::dispatcher() line 205 + 69 bytes
omni::giopWorker::real_execute() line 212 + 8 bytes
omni::giopWorkerInfo::run() line 101
omni::giopWorker::execute() line 115
omniAsyncWorker::real_run() line 184
omniAsyncWorkerInfo::run() line 230
omniAsyncWorker::run(void * 0x00000000) line 134
omni_thread_wrapper(void * 0x0033d0e0) line 502
_threadstartex(void * 0x0033e0b0) line 212 + 13 bytes
KERNEL32! 77e92ca8()

Any comment is welcome :-)
Cheers

Ulf