[omniORB] ORBInitRef supplied multiple name services (Bug or Behaviour)?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Oct 28 13:17:00 2002

On Wednesday 23 October, Richard Jones wrote:

> I have the following (syntactically correct) entry in my omniORB.cfg
> file:
>
> ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::machine_a.b.c:2809,:machine_b.c.d:2809

[...]
> The net result is that I always get a COMM_FAILURE regardless of whether
> machine_b is capable of taking requests. Is this behaviour correct, and
> if so, what's the point of providing the capability to have a list of
> NameServices if the first entry is always picked? If this is an issue,
> is it an issue that OmniORB 4 resolves?

omniORB 3 does not make use of multiple profiles in object references,
so the behaviour you are seeing is expected. omniORB 4 does support
multiple profiles, so it will look to machine b if machine a is not
available.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --