[omniORB] libtcpwrap overrides the syslog function call

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Oct 22 15:58:00 2002

On Friday 18 October, "Gustavo M." wrote:

> I am adding some logging functionality to a couple of CORBA components
> (omniorb 3.0.4) and I found that in
> src/lib/omniORB2/orbcore/gatekeepers/tcpwrapper there is a file called
> fakelog2.c which overrides the syslog function call and redirects all syslog
> output to stderr.
> Is this necesary?

It's necessary for platforms on which there is no syslog, and on
platforms that do where one would not like omniORB related things to
go to the syslog. A simple work-around for you is to remove the
fakelog implementation.

omniORB 4.0 no longer uses tcpwappers, so it doesn't have this issue.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --