[omniORB] Windows string interpreted as Unix string

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Oct 22 15:15:01 2002

On Wednesday 16 October, "Kruczkowski, Marzenna" wrote:

> When I compile my windows DLL (CORBA client) with debug option everything
> runs beautify, but I switch to release (nodebug) mode suddenly windows
> strings are interpreted as UNIX strings, thus I have a problem with endl and
> end of string character. The interesting thing is, I don't have a problem
> with CORBA Server.  I am running omniORB 4 on Win2000 using VC++ 6.0. I had
> the same problem with omniORB 3.0.5, but I DID NOT have the problem when I
> was using mico ORB.

Can you give an example that demonstrates the problem?  I don't
understand what you are seeing, since at the C++ level, Unix and
Windows represent line endings in the same way. It's only when you
write strings to a text mode file that there's a difference.

Could it be an issue with mixing release application code with debug
omniORB libraries?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --