[omniORB] How do I send request to a particular client or group of clients from server

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 19 09:36:01 2002

Hi Ram,

  The _remove_ref opperate on servants and _var
types hold references, so no you dont need to
call _remove_ref on a _var type. I doubt, you
could event get it to compile. There is a
CORBA::release function, which one should use
on object reference types, when the reference
is no longer needed. The _var types handle this
for you automatically.
  You do at least from an esthetic point of view
need to ensure your servants are properly destroyed
at program termination. One neat way of doing that
is to entrust the POA with the destruction by
letting your servant classes derive from
PortableServer::RefCountServantBase. When the
POA deactivates the object and notices, that
no invocations on the servant are in progress,
it will eventually invoke _remove_ref on the
servant, and the servant will be destroyed.
You dont need to worry much about this for your
small test applications though.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn