[omniORB] how to identify when client gets disconnected from server?

Sveta Shasharina sveta@txcorp.com
Tue Oct 8 19:48:01 2002

Hi,

I am very interested in controlling the lifecycle of the objects
from the client side.  I would like to be able to send a signal
from a client and tell the server to kill the objects and itself.
In orbacus, we used EventHandler and Reactor API for that (I think).
Is there anything similar in omniORB?  I could not find
info on installing handlers in the documentation.

Thanks,

Sveta Shasharina

-----Original Message-----
From: omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-support.com
[mailto:omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-support.com]On Behalf Of bjorn rohde
jensen
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 12:29 PM
To: Vladimir Panov
Cc: rmohan@ice-com.com; omniorb-list@realvnc.com
Subject: Re: [omniORB] how to identify when client gets disconnected
from server?

Hi guys,

  I would suggest also using the connection timeout option in the
configuration and install a handler to deal with the timeouts,
since a turned off machine might not cause an error before
the default TCP timeout occurs after something like 100 minutes
or some other probably equally unacceptably wait. There is a
section in the omniORB docu about installing handlers, i think,
and several posts have been made on this topic on the list. You
might want to search through the old posts, although it is not
likely to be a trivial matter;)

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn