[omniORB] omniORB4 echo examples and the orbcheck_OMNI code.....

steinhoffc@schneider.com steinhoffc@schneider.com
Tue Oct 8 17:14:00 2002

Opps, this was suppose to go internal first, Sorry for the noise but since
I got a response ,

I have fixed the problem with the third echo example ( it was a environment
issue) so everything is working fine here.

But I still have the issue on the second, I have tested the examples in the
"thread" directory and don't see any issues. All test seem to work ( I did
cancel diner and prio after they ran for some time). Any thing else I can
look at????

                                     Thanks for the effort
                                                Craig
Craig Steinhoff
UW-736
920-592-2229

|--------+-------------------------------------->
|        |          Harri Pasanen               |
|        |          <harri.pasanen@trema.com>   |
|        |          Sent by:                    |
|        |          omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-s|
|        |          upport.com                  |
|        |                                      |
|        |                                      |
|        |          10/08/2002 10:44 AM         |
|        |                                      |
|--------+-------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                          |
  |      To:     steinhoffc@schneider.com, baileyk@schneider.com, omniorb-list@realvnc.com                   |
  |      cc:                                                                                                 |
  |      Fax to:                                                                                             |
  |      Subject:     Re: [omniORB] omniORB4 echo examples and the orbcheck_OMNI code.....                   |

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 17:18, steinhoffc@schneider.com wrote:
> I have installed and compiled omniORB 4.0.0 in the omniORB-4.0.0debug
> directory succussfully (or so it seems). I Then started testing the
> examples, I started with the echo example, got everything compiled ok (or
> so it seems) and then tried to run them.  "eg1" works great, but the
other
> two I can't seem to get to work at all.
>
> In the second example "eg2_impl" starts up fine and  prints the ior. But
> when I start up the client "eg2_clt" I get the following error
>
> Got the Orb!!!
> Got object Reference!
> Narrow complete!
> Got String!!!
> Caught a CORBA::SystemException.
> Caught a System Exception: : 1096024066
> CORBA::TRANSIENT

Just a wild guess, are your threads working?  Do the omnithreads examples
work?

-Harri