[omniORB] Red Hat Linux 8.0 - SRPMS compilation problem

Sander Steffann sander@steffann.nl
Mon Oct 7 15:44:00 2002

Hi,

> I tried to compile the SRPMS you made available at your webside on
> RedHat 8.0, although I didn't have any success, I think the SRPM you
> made available is the Thomas version, thus it seems to not have
> necessary to patch to make it work correctly on RH 8.0.

It is Thomas' SRPM... The bug is not in omniORB, but in the header files
unistd.h and openssl/des.h. Their definition of the crypt() function
differs. I fixed the headers on my build-system by changing the following in
/usr/include/openssl/des.h:

 #if !defined(PERL5) && !defined(__FreeBSD__) && !defined(NeXT)
 char *crypt(const char *buf,const char *salt);
 #endif

to:

 #if !defined(PERL5) && !defined(__FreeBSD__) && !defined(NeXT) &&
!defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE)
 char *crypt(const char *buf,const char *salt);
 #endif

Binary RPMs are for RedHat 8.0 are downloadable from
http://www.steffann.nl/omniORB/.
Sander.