[omniORB] Strange behavior when linking with omniORB and RTI

Alexandre Denis Alexandre.Denis@irisa.fr
Mon Oct 7 13:49:01 2002

Geobert QUACH wrote:

> But if I link with omniORB (-lomniORB4 -lomnithread), it freezes during the
> instanciation (print the "begin" but not the "end"). I tried with omniORB
> 3.0.5 and omniORB 4.0.0.
>
> I post here because there's no support anymore for the RTI and I hope someone
> here already encounter this strange problem that involve omniORB in some kind
> of way.

Hi,
The use of multiple middleware systems at the same time in the same
process is a known problem. We have developped PadicoTM, a runtime layer
which solves this problem. Please visit
http://www.irisa.fr/paris/Padico/ and
http://www.irisa.fr/paris/Padicotm/ for more information. For now,
PadicoTM integrates omniORB, MPICH and Kaffe (Java); we are planning to
integrate an HLA RTI (FDK 3 from Gatech).
If you are very interested, you may even contribute to the porting of
the HLA RTI on top of PadicoTM.
Regards,
-a.