[omniORB] getting omniORB version at runtime

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Oct 4 16:59:01 2002

On Tuesday 1 October, Christophe de Vienne wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a simple method to get the omniORB
> version at runtime. I need this to make a small program which gives
> informations for a bug report.

Sorry, there's no omniORB API for that. It might make sense to add
one, but that isn't going to help you detect old versions.

You could do something evil like running ldd on the exectable and
looking for the omniORB version in the library name. (Assuming Unix --
you can do something similar on Windows I think.)

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --