[omniORB] Problems with setting up omni - Newbie Question Please Help.

Olden A (SApS) aolden@glam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 2 20:03:01 2002

Hi everybody,

i downloaded the binaries earlier and installed them, and following the
instructions in the README file have (finally set up the omniName system -
do i have to be conected to do that - i wasn't and it didn't work, connected
and it worked fine.

I've set up the registry using the Sample.reg file, and have set the path to
include ninary directory, but when I try and compile the examples using:
c:\omniORB-4.0.0\src\examples\ - namke /f dir.mak i get the following
errors:

NMAKE :  U1073: don't know how to make 'echo.idl'
Stop.
NMAKE :  U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.EXE' : return code
'0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.EXE' :
return co
de '0x2'
Stop.

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'echo.idl'
Stop.

I've double checked the file - run VCVARS32 before trying to use nmake but
still the error happens - i know its proably something really stupid, but
plllleaaasssse help.