[omniORB] Build system suggestion

Pfeiffer Daniel Daniel.Pfeiffer@start.de
Tue Oct 1 14:48:01 2002

Hi,

we are tapping into the omniORB build system for building our own application.  This is very convenient, since the rules for include paths, making stubs from IDLs and so forth all just work.  At the same time it is very dirty, because all developers are installing their libs and stubs into the omniORB tree.  That should be read only, and everybody should have their own dir for installing into while testing, without having their own complete ORB.

The mechanism for this seems to be there, but gets killed by being set unconditionally (from config/config.mk):

EXPORT_TREE =  $(TOP)

IMPORT_TREES = $(TOP)

Since we have our own config.mk which includes this one, the only way would be to override these in every single dir.mk -- not very convenient.  It would be a great help if these two lines were changed to:

EXPORT_TREE ?=  $(TOP)

IMPORT_TREES ?= $(TOP)

Thank you very much!

best regards