[omniORB] Problems with omniORB4 and WinNT4/2K

Krzysiek Czarnowski krzysiek@dgt-lab.com.pl
Tue Oct 1 08:10:01 2002

On Monday, September 30, Duncan wrote:

> On Friday 4 January, "Krzysiek Czarnowski" wrote:
>
> > Running 'omninames -start' results in (in VC++ debug):
> > =======================================
> > Loaded 'D:\omniORB4\bin\x86_win32\omniNames.exe', no matching symbolic
> > information found.
>
> Do you mean you are trying to run omniNames inside VC++ somehow?  It
> isn't built with debugging info, so it's no great surprise that it
> doesn't work. You should run it in a DOS box.

Sure I run it in the "cmd.exe" console! Just when I got the access violation
I entered the debugger (just clicked [Cancel]). I realize that omniORB
binaries where built with no debugging info, but what surprized me then was
that I got the following line:
"Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINNT\system32\Msvcirt.dll'"
among other saying " ...., no matching symbolic information".
That surprized me and made me wonder if there is something wrong with my
system...
By the way, I still haven't solved the problem.

Regards,
Krzysiek