[omniORB] Newbie - Compiler Error on MacOSX for Echo Tutorial

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 24 10:19:00 2002

Hi,

  Why dont you just do a 'make' in the examples dir? I am
fairly sure, that builds the examples.
  The error from gcc surprises me a bit. I would have
expected gcc not to have liked being asked to generate an
object file from a C++ style header file:) The .hh's are
supposed to be included by your sources implementing or
using the interfaces defined in the corresponding IDL file.
  You really should use g++ for C++ code and for linking
C++ object files, gcc is for C code. There are differences
in the defines and supporting libs added by gcc and g++.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn